Friday, August 26, 2011

Not Smart Enough to Own a Smartphone

Yesterday afternoon, I was making my typical commute home from work (did I mention I started a new job this week?). I was almost to my exit when I happened to notice something off to the side of the road. As I drove past it, I realized it was a young kitten, and it was panting hard. The temp was over 100, and I can't even imagine what it was on the asphalt. Oh, and all of this was taking place on the tollway with cars going over 70 mph!

Anyway, I couldn't just leave it there. Luckily I was in the far left lane and could easily pull over. I noticed that the lady behind me just stopped completely in the middle of the tollway because the kitten had started walking into traffic. I was able to grab the kitten from underneath her car, certain that it was on death's door. My main concern was heat stroke, so I went to my car to see if I had any water. Unfortunately, I didn't.

So, at this point you might be thinking...why are you telling me about a cat when your title is about a phone? Don't worry, I'm getting to that. As I went to look for the water, I put my iPhone on top of the car. Do you see where we're going here? Yep, I decided to just take the kitten to my house and assess it there. Without thinking, I shut the door, eased back into traffic and set off for home. I heard a thud, but still not a thought about the phone until I pulled into my garage. Ugh!!

Let me introduce you to my new iPhone, or as I like to call him, iCat! Actually, I just found a home for him tonight and will deliver him next weekend. And until further notice, don't try to call!!


No comments:

Post a Comment